21 August 2010

Grumpy

Really, I didn't need to fill out a stolen passport application. Or deal with the Washington Metropolitan Police Department -- who have yet to call Apple to follow up on the "registration" of my stolen computer. Or deal with Apple, to restore the iTunes purchase on my stolen computer. Or try to reconstruct drafts of my mother's obituary and the outline of a novel. Or pull the weeds from the garden gone feral. Or deal with overcompensation from colleagues who've made teeny little mistakes in the past and have to cover their asses in the present. Or play midwife to our -- yikes, I said it -- very pregnant cat, abandoned by our former neighbors and now in our care.

Really, what I'd like more than anything is to escape everything for a few days.

That's all.

No comments: