03 April 2010

Pope Palpatine and his Evil Empire

It's not very sensitive or politically correct to describe the Catholic Church as a zombie that can only be destroyed by a chain saw -- on Holy Friday. But I'll stand by my analogy. I think the religious corollary to Godwin's Law is any comparison of anti-clerical action to Antisemitism.

Really? Did the Pope's PR folks think that would work to make us sympathetic? About the organization that brought us the Crusades, the Inquisition, and witch-hunts?

Don't get me wrong -- I love the ritual of Mass, and what individual clergy and Catholic communities --including the Catholic laity -- have done over the millenia include wonders and miracles. But the Church as a corporate body, at this moment in its history, is corrupt and festering beyond redemption. End it now.

No comments: