12 March 2007

Lucky Penny

It's 65 degrees. The sky is cerulean and absolutely cloudless. I was planning on going to the gym, but why should I abandon the most beautiful day. I've seen in months -- and am appreciating completely?

When I sat down to write (what has become this) I found I was missing both my calendar and my pen. I saw a penny on the ground and picked it up -- a lucky penny indeed. This day is like that penny -- too rare and valuable to let pass.

Once upon a time I was more likely to notice and take advantage of days like this. Long bike rides, mental health days when 18 inches of fresh powder fell the night before, a long bike ride in the mountains or on the coast, the chance of two special gallery shows -- these are all things I've experienced and treasure.

No comments: